|Total emission||1 000 000 000 DOT|
|Exchanges||Binance, Huobi, Kucoin, OKEx, Gate.io, Kraken|
Polkadot is a decentralized Web3 platform created to bring together various private and public networks, oracles, and other technological solutions. Independent blockchains can exchange information and transactions through the Polkadot relay chain. The ecosystem facilitates the development and connection of decentralized applications and services.
- Cross-chain compatibility, the transfer of any information or assets between chains.
- Quickly create a secure and interoperable blockchain in minutes.
- Scalability. A standard set of validators can provide the security of several blockchains at once, and the transmitted transactions are distributed over several parallel blockchains.
- An open management system in which users can participate.
- Fault tolerance. Quickly adapt to changes when new technologies are introduced.
The Polkadot Token (DOT) governs the network (gives owners a certain degree of control over the protocol). In addition, a reward system has been developed, according to which active and functional network members are rewarded with tokens, while bad ones, on the contrary, lose their share in the network. Finally, the DOT token is used to add and remove blockchains.